Welcome to the Examinations section of the QEGS website. Here you will find information on many aspects of the examinations process.
The school is registered and approved with all of the major Examination Boards: AQA, OCR, Edexcel, WJEC and ASDAN.
Exam Results can be collected on the following days:
Tuesday 10th August 2021
Thursday 12th August 2021
Results can be collected from school from 8:30am*, and will also be available via GO 4 Schools via a student or parent log on** If you cannot log on to GO 4 Schools, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of the day so that we can help. If you cannot collect results on the day, a paper copy will be sent to you in the post.
These plans are dependent on government guidance, but we will keep this page updated with the latest information.
* In previous years, this has been 8am, but the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) have informed us that we must release results no earlier than 8:30am.
** There may be a slight delay loading the page at 8:30am as lots of people log on. Please do call the school if these issues persist 01335 343685
Grades for GCSEs, A levels, and vocational qualifications are based on a process involving teacher
assessment, internal quality assurance, and external quality assurance by the exam boards.
The national process defined by the Department for Education and the exams’ regulator, Ofqual is as
1. Teachers will use a range of evidence to assess you, including work/assessments that you have already completed, mock exam results, and ‘little and often’ assessments over the next two months.
2. Departments will submit grades which will be quality assured by the school senior leaders and QEGSMAT leadership. This internal quality assurance process will have to be signed off by the exam
board to ensure it is rigorous and in line with national standards.
3. Our school results will be quality assured externally by the exam boards, which may include random sampling of our evidence.
4. If the exam boards are confident in our submitted results, then the exam boards will award you the final grades.
5. If you do not think your results are accurate, you will have the right to appeal.
Simply: no. The grade you achieve will start with your teacher’s assessment of your performance across a range of evidence. This assessment is then subject to both internal and external quality assurance before the final grade is awarded by the exam body as usual.
Teachers have used a range of assessment evidence from across your study of the course. This could include evidence throughout the course, as well as the ‘little and often’ assessments over the last few
Months of the course. Different departments have used different sources of evidence, and there was no requirement for any one type of assessment to be used – it is about your performance across a range of evidence.
For an overview of the national process for awarding grades this summer, please see infographic below.
There is more detail on the awarding and appeals process in this document from JCQ
There is also a previous letter sent by us in March, with an overview of our school process.
And this is our centre policy, that was submitted to JCQ as part of the process
Everything You Need To Know About Your Exams
- BEFORE THE EXAMS, ON THE DAY, ILLNESS, ABSENCE & EMERGENCIES and AFTER THE EXAMS
Information about new GSCE and A Level Qualifications
Students will receive their own personalised timetables prior to each examination series. You can look at specific subjects on individual exam board websites.
Please note that in addition to these dates, students may be expected to take school assessments and have controlled assessment deadlines to meet.
The school accepts External/Private candidates under the following conditions:
- You must live within the school’s catchment area. This can be found on the school website.
- You must be studying with the same Examination Board and studying the same syllabus for each subject as students on roll at the school.
- The subject teacher must also agree to accepting the external candidate if any practical work is involved.
Please contact the Examinations Team at the school for more information. Tel: 01335 343685 (Ext. 1392) and speak to our exams team (in room 409).