Something to suit students of all abilities and aspirations.
Opportunities to explore and understand the world around them.
Encourage students’ curiosity and ability to think outside the box.
Inspire students to ask questions about the world around them and critically analyse/evaluate what they see about science in the media.
Develop skills which are transferrable to different aspects of life beyond GCSE – problem solving, evaluating, practical skills, maths, investigation, communication etc.
Types of learners:
- Curious – able to ask questions and search for answers
- Able to ‘think outside the box’
- Literate and numerate
- Able to critically evaluate
- Good communicators
World-class education for ALL:
- Cross curricular approach in KS3:
- Look at how the science curriculum can map across to what is studied in other subjects.
- Have a look at project work across subjects – maybe in the summer term?
- Focus on development of skills, rather than content