What is Careers Education about?
Careers education prepares you for the world after school. This includes thinking about how you look after yourself as an adult, how you relate to other people and how you fit into society. We provide information, guidance and help with making decisions about the future to all students from Y9 upwards. This includes:
- Options for study up to age 16. (GCSEs, Vocational Courses etc.)
- Post-16 options including sixth form, college, apprenticeships, training and university study, and entry to a range of jobs and careers.
Who Can Help You?
Mrs G Bains: is available within school to provide information and advice about Post Year 11 and Post 6th Form Opportunities in addition to general information on career and study options. Mrs Bains is also available to give support and advice to students in Years 10 & 12 trying to arrange Work Experience placements. She can be found in room 507. Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 01335 343685 (1422).
Ms K Morgan – Leader of Employability and Careers Education. Contact details: email@example.com or phone on 01335 343685 (1546).
Rebecca Marshall: from ‘Ideas for Careers’ visits the school regularly to give advice and guidance to students about career options. If you would like to make an appointment with Rebecca please ask your form tutor or call into the Careers Office.
Mrs J Roper: can help to direct you to careers and study related information in the school library.
Additional sources of information
Moodle (the schools virtual learning environment) contains further information and links to careers information databases, higher education course ideas and work experience details.
Careers Library – A range of careers books and resources can be found in the careers section of the school library
- National Careers Service (Job Profiles) https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
- I Could… (Career Ideas) http://icould.com/
- Careersbox Film Clips http://www.careersbox.co.uk/
- Routes Ahead http://www.routes-ahead.org/pages/default.asp
- Moving On http://www.btplc.com/Responsiblebusiness/
Post 16 & 18 Options
- Apprenticeships http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/
- Routes Ahead (Options after year 11) http://www.routes-ahead.org/
- UCAS (University courses & Information) http://www.ucas.ac.uk/
- Not going to Uni http://www.notgoingtouni.co.uk
The pages will be continually updated, so please check regularly for new information.
Next Review Date: Sept 2019.
If you would like to contact the Careers and Community officer, or if you have any suggestions for what you would like to see on these pages, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.