The structure of the day can be read below.
Live teaching will run period 1, 3 and 5. Work is set by curriculum staff on Go4Schools for period 2 and 4. This structure has been set so that students and staff are not sat at computers all day but gives teacher interaction for more than half of the day.
Thank you in advance for encouraging your children’s attendance to each of these sessions.
The Year 8 PCE will operate as planned online via SchoolCloud.
Lesson structure for the day
- 08:50am – Registration period: Mr Amps Assembly – This will cover the structure of the day and general notices.
- 09:10am – Period 1: Timetable lesson online – teacher to send teams invite for live attendance to students in their class.
- 10:10am – Period 2: Work set on Go4Schools
- 11:35am – Period 3: Timetable lesson online – teacher to send teams invite for live attendance to students in their class.
- 12:40am – Period 4: Work set on Go4Schools
- 2:20pm – Period 5: Timetable lesson online – teacher to send teams invite for live attendance to students in their class.
Mr J Amps
QEGS will be closed today.
We have waited for the overnight Met office forecast to improve or change and there remains an amber weather warning for snow throughout the day. I apologise in advance if this is an overly cautious decision. However, preventing students and staff from making unsafe journeys to and from school with such a forecast is a decision we have had to take.
Details for lessons and learning today will follow in a separate email and will be sent direct to students as well as parents.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and I hope you stay safe and warm.
Mr S Garrity